Sechelt Animal Hospital
Prescription Refill Policy
IMPORTANT NOTE TO CLIENTS
with pets on chronic medications:
To improve the safety of our patients, Sechelt Animal Hospital will be implementing a new prescription refill policy in the New Year (2012).
All refills already undergo a three-step verification for accuracy. The last step involves the approval of a DVM. Veterinarians are infrequently available for approval during the day due to scheduled appointments, surgeries, and emergencies. This new policy will help us ensure that medications are dispensed appropriately, without keeping you waiting.
Please be advised that:
- Refill requests received in the early morning will be filled and available for pick-up the same afternoon.
- Refill requests received in the afternoon will be available for pick up the next morning.
- Please allow a minimum of 4 hours between request and pick up.
- All special drug orders (e.g. Summit Pharmacy) require approximately 5 working days to refill.
- For efficient service, we encourage you to phone in your refills to our client service team before you run out of the medication.
- If, for any reason we are unable to fill your prescription, you will be notified ASAP.
It is the policy of Sechelt Animal Hospital that a patient must have had a physical exam within the past 12 months for refills to be issued for chronic medications. In cases of certain chronic illness, the DVM may require more frequent physical exams or laboratory testing before refilling medications.
In cases of one-time medications (for example antibiotics for an ear infection) no refills will be issued without a recent physical exam for the presenting problem.